It is quite possible that there are additional planets within our solar system. These would include Ceres which was once an asteroid but now considered by many to be one of the planets of our solar system. There is also Pluto’s moon named Charon, which many astronomers now consider to be a planet in its own right. There is also another object near to Pluto which is about 2500 km across known as Xena, which many now consider to be a planet.
Outside of our solar system many planets have been discovered circling around other suns, and it is reasonably predicted that there may well be an uncountable number of planets in the universe.
- Common Questions
- Are there any planets still to be found?
- Do any planets have any living things?
- Do any planets have water on them?
- Near Miss Asteroids – Example of 2012DA14
- The Apollo 11 Expedition
- What different elements are the planets made of?
- What is a space rocket made of?
- What is the most interesting planet?
- What order do the planets go in?
- Which is the newest planet?
- Which is the oldest planet?
- Contact Us
- How did the Earth form?
- The Planets
- The Solar System