NASA’s Space Shuttle has a huge external fuel tank which is the dark orange part; this is the main fuel supply to push the shuttle out of Earth’s orbit. The Solid Rocket Boosters are the two white rockets seen on either side of the shuttle; these are basically the same as a bonfire night rocket and are intended to give the space shuttle an extra boost on lift-off.
The main part of the shuttle is the Orbiter Vehicle, this is the part that looks basically like a plane and carries the crew and the shuttle’s cargo.
- Common Questions
- Are there any planets still to be found?
- Do any planets have any living things?
- Do any planets have water on them?
- Near Miss Asteroids – Example of 2012DA14
- The Apollo 11 Expedition
- What different elements are the planets made of?
- What is a space rocket made of?
- What is the most interesting planet?
- What order do the planets go in?
- Which is the newest planet?
- Which is the oldest planet?
- Contact Us
- How did the Earth form?
- The Planets
- The Solar System