The Sun is at the centre of our solar system and all the planets orbit around the sun at various distances.
The nearest planet to the sun Mercury, followed by Venus, then Earth Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and finally Pluto.
There is a large amount of speculation, and some considerable scientific evidence, that there may be two or more planets further out than Pluto.
- Common Questions
- Are there any planets still to be found?
- Do any planets have any living things?
- Do any planets have water on them?
- Near Miss Asteroids – Example of 2012DA14
- The Apollo 11 Expedition
- What different elements are the planets made of?
- What is a space rocket made of?
- What is the most interesting planet?
- What order do the planets go in?
- Which is the newest planet?
- Which is the oldest planet?
- Contact Us
- How did the Earth form?
- The Planets
- The Solar System