This is open to debate, but the most commonly accepted calculation is known as the nebular hypothesis.
According to this theory the oldest planet would be the gas planets furthest from the sun, i.e. Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. They may date back as far as 5 billion years, although it is considered that there may well have been other older planets, which have since disappeared.
- Common Questions
- Are there any planets still to be found?
- Do any planets have any living things?
- Do any planets have water on them?
- Near Miss Asteroids – Example of 2012DA14
- The Apollo 11 Expedition
- What different elements are the planets made of?
- What is a space rocket made of?
- What is the most interesting planet?
- What order do the planets go in?
- Which is the newest planet?
- Which is the oldest planet?
- Contact Us
- How did the Earth form?
- The Planets
- The Solar System